DAVID R. WILLIAMSON, C.P.A.
David R Williamson has over 35 years of diversified accounting, tax and auditing experience.
Contact at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone (734) 453-8770.
Tax Expertise in:
- “S“Corporation, LLC (partnership), and “C” Corporations.
- Transactional experience: stock redemptions, partnership formation, operations, and terminations, including retirements, cross purchase, and redemptions.
- Partnership elections under IRC 754.
- Streamline closing processes for several engineering and design build firms.
- “Controller by the hour” services to manufacturing concerns.
- Improve internal controls, and closing processes for local units of government, redesign cash management systems.
Serve as partner in charge of the following engagements:
- Plymouth District Library
- City of Clawson
- City of Milan
- Barton Hills Village
- Dexter Township
- Vevay Township
- Participated in ‘due diligence’ related to sale of closely held clients to multinational publicly traded companies, and venture capital firms.
- Prepares monthly Financial Forum article for Michigan Township Association magazine. Perform speaking engagements for MTA on financial and tax related topics all throughout the State of Michigan
- Worked directly with Standard and Poors to remove Township from "credit watch"
- Developed operating and maintenance and capital budgets for Water and Sewer Enterprise Funds.
- Developed accounting systems for two new governmental entities.
- Developed project budgets for capital projects and special assessment funds.
- Conducted Survey of Municipal Golf Courses in the Southeastern Michigan area. Reported results of survey (with comparison to the Township's course) to Township Board
- Provided expert witness testimony on property tax civil lawsuit (multi-million dollar lawsuit).
- A.A. Schoolcraft College
- B.B.A. University of Michigan - Dearborn - Major: Accounting
- Certified Public Accountant - State of Michigan, Certificate #12382
Professional/Business Memberships and Organizations:
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Michigan Association of Certified Public Accountants
- Plymouth Community Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors
- Plymouth Rotary Club